|Descripción del Puesto *:
||To develop and implement Utility Demand Management Technical Assistance (UDM).
The appointment will be for 1 year, to be renewed for a 2nd year, subject to a lifetime maximum of two years.
SCOPE OF WORK:
• Support the EPS in the design and adoption of the UDM strategies and action plans, and facilitate its incorporation into the planning and budgeting tools in the pilot project.
• Strengthen knowledge management capacity; lead the preparation of concept notes, “think pieces”, “best practice papers”, short case or thematic notes on innovative WSS approaches.
• Develop/implement UDM project, including: Terms of Reference, procuring/ contracting/ supervision of consultants, project management/grant reporting/ monitoring; quality control/other related adm.matters; travelling al country, regional and global levels when required.
• Follow institutional procedures and ensure highest standards of governance and professional ethics.
• Develop the systematization of the implementation process of the whole experience.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• A Masters or higher level degree in economics, business administration, social science, urban planning, public policy, civil or environmental engineering or other field relevant to the position.
• At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in the water and sanitation sector, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in urban water and sanitation utilities management.
• Proven understanding of the water and sanitation policy, institutional and regulatory framework; solid understanding of service delivery/organizational models, private sector participation and regulation.
• Personal and professional integrity, self-motivation and proven ability to work and deal sensitively in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment; openness to new ideas, and partnerships; awareness of complementary development roles.
• Strong organizational, analytical skills, and well-developed inter-personal, communications and presentation skills; excellent analytical, oral and writing skills in Spanish and fluency in English; strong computer skills (Internet, Word, Lotus Notes, PowerPoint, Excel etc).